French Aviation Catalog Office d'Aviation Richelieu Automobiles

Display Status:

This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.

The company known as "Office d'Aviation – Richelieu Automobiles" was established in Paris, France, in June 1909 by Viscount Henry de Dampierre, Jean d'Orlyé, and Belgian aviator Ferdinand de Baeder, to offer customers everything related to airplanes, airships, balloons, engines, and automobiles, including related accessories and services. Their main showroom was located at 3, Avenue de'Opéra, with administrative offices at 42, Rue de Richelieu, and a building at 19, Rue des Entrepreneurs where they offered aircraft construction and repair services as well as aircraft storage at the rate of 10 centimes per square meter per day. The business incorporated as a Sociéte Anonyme on August 10, 1910, only to dissolve just over a year later on September 12, 1911.