Thomas Brothers Corporation was formed in 1909 by William T. and Oliver W. Thomas in Hammondsport, New York. In 1913, the brothers incorporated the Thomas Brothers Aeroplane Corporation in in Bath, NY, where they manufactured their early aircraft. At the end of 1914, they moved the company to Ithaca, NY, where they built aircraft for the Royal Naval Air Service and the United States Navy and Army Signal Corps. In 1917 the Thomas Brothers merged with the Morse Chain Company resulting in the formation of Thomas-Morse Aircraft Corporation. Thomas-Morse became a Consolidated Aircraft Corporation subsidiary in 1929, and was dissolved in 1935.