Collection Item Summary:
The BV 246 was an experimental glide bomb developed by the German Luftwaffe in World War II. It was designed to be dropped a long distance from its target, thereby avoiding Allied figher opposition. This tail section may come from a "Radieschen" (Radish) variant, which was to home in on radars.
U.S. Army Air Forces shipped the components from Germany in 1945. It is not known when the Smithsonian acquired this artifact.