This is a model of unknown scale of the Mace, an improved version of the U.S. Air Force Matador surface-to-surface missile. Utilizing a turbojet engine for its atmospheric flight and a booster to assist in take-off, the missile had a range of 650 miles and carried either a conventional or nuclear warhead. First deployed in West Germany in 1959 and Okinawa in 1961, the Mace was withdrawn from service in 1966.
The model's manufacturer is unknown. John and Cynthia Heyde donated the model to the museum.