Model, Spacecraft, Gemini Capsule

Display Status:

This object is on display in the James S. McDonnell Space Hangar at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA.

James S. McDonnell Space Hangar

This model of a Gemini capsule was presented to Dr. Hugh L. Dryden, Deputy Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration from 1958 until his death in 1965, by McDonnell Aircraft Corp. The real Gemini capsules were built by McDonnell and carried two astronauts. During 1965 and 1966 they carried ten pairs of Gemini program astronauts into earth orbit.