Get up close and personal with some of Britain's most celebrated aircraft.
Event update: The Great British Fly-In will go on tomorrow, rain or shine. However, due to the weather and low cloud ceiling projected for Sunday, the aircraft participating in the Great British Fly-In will now arrive at the Udvar-Hazy Center Saturday afternoon, not Sunday morning. While this means that visitors will no longer be able to watch the aircraft arrive, this decision ensures that we’ll have aircraft here for the event ! The museum will still open at 8 am and visitors will be allowed outside onto the ramp to see the aircraft at that time.
The British are coming to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center! Join us as we celebrate the 100th anniversary of the oldest air force in the world — Great Britain’s Royal Air Force (RAF) — with a fly-in, presentations, and hands-on activities.
- Check out over a dozen former RAF and other military aircraft, flown in and on display at the Udvar-Hazy Center for one day only. Aircraft flying in for the day include an Avro Lancaster, a Spitfire, P-51 Mustangs, and a B-25 Mitchell.
- Listen to talks by RAF officers and Museum experts about the history of the Royal Air Force and RAF aircraft. View the topics and schedule.
- Learn about the Museum’s Sopwith Camel, one of the most significant and famous of all World War I aircraft, now on display at the Center.
- Enjoy performances from the RAF Band and drill displays from The Queen's Colour Squadron.
- Watch the aircraft depart and see a fly-by of the museum by one of the aircraft when the event ends around 4:00 pm.
- Stay after the event to watch Dunkirk at 4:50 pm, including a special preview of the upcoming documentary Spitfire. Fees apply.
The following aircraft are CONFIRMED for for the event:
CWH Avro Lancaster FM213
North American B-25D Mitchell Grumpy
Boeing PT-17 Stearman
Boeing P-8 Poseidon
Fairchild M-62A3 Cornell
The following will try to fly in Sunday morning but will depend on weather:
North American P-51D Mustang
North American AT-6 Texan