Museum Moonshine: Star Trek in Our Lives
September 10, 2016 | 8 - 10pm
This program is sold out.
Sci-fi fans and garden lovers unite at this 21-and-over program! Star Trek devotees and Starfleet novices alike will enjoy the third annual Museum Moonshine, a programming partnership between the National Air and Space Museum and Smithsonian Gardens. This year’s theme of conservation will explore the recent conservation of the Star Trek starship Enterprise studio model as well as the work of Smithsonian Gardens’ North American Orchid Conservation Center.
- Snap a selfie in a garden oasis inspired by Star Trek’s otherworldly set designs.
- Gaze through telescopes with Phoebe Waterman Haas Public Observatory staff.
- Explore specimens from Smithsonian Gardens’ orchid collection and take home your own mini test-tube orchid.
- Meet special surprise guests!
- Enjoy a sampling of Star Trek inspired treats.
A selection of light refreshments included with each ticket. This event includes alcoholic beverage samples and is an over-21 event.
Tickets cost $35 and are sold out.
This event is part of the Museum's three-night celebration of Star Trek's 50th anniversary, including a screening of the first Star Trek episode on September 8 and the Boldly Go 50 Celebration on September 9.
Participants must be 21 or over. Valid ID required for entry. All sales are final. Please note our Security and Policies.
The three-night Star Trek celebration is sponsored by the Roddenberry Foundation. Additional support provided by Adam Schneider.