Celebrate the Udvar-Hazy Center's tenth anniversary with its first-ever open house. Enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at historic artifacts, documents, and works of art that are not on public display and see what it takes to collect, preserve, and restore them.
- Tour the Mary Baker Engen Restoration Hangar and see the Museum's current projects such as the Curtiss SB2C-5 Helldiver.
- Meet curators, conservators, archivists, and other specialists, and learn how they care for objects in the Museum's collection.
- Learn how the aircraft are hung for display in the Boeing Aviation Hangar.*
- Participate in hands-on activities designed for adults and children.
- See how the most fragile artifacts are stored and cared for.
- Discover the research that is needed before a restoration project can begin.
- Get some tips for photographing objects in the Museum from a staff photographer.
- See the technology behind giant-screen films in the Airbus IMAX Theater.*
National Air and Space Society members are invited to a hospitality suite in the Executive Board Room during the event. Please show your membership card for access. The Executive Board Room is located on the Space Hangar Mezzanine.
*The aircraft-hanging tour and the IMAX theater projection booth tours require timed tickets. All other activities will be available to all visitors.
Event hashtag: #uhc10