Join us for our annual Halloween event at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center to explore the spooky side of air and space. This event will take place both inside and outside the Udvar-Hazy Center. Tickets are required for the outdoor portion and are sold out. The indoor portion of the event does not require tickets.
Outdoor Portion of the Event: Free Tickets Sold Out
Free tickets are required to attend the outdoor portion of Air & Scare. These tickets are sold out.
Indoor Portion of the Event: No Tickets Required
The indoor portion of the event is not ticketed and will feature Air & Scare activities for all ages.
What to Expect
At Air & Scare, you’ll get some spooky discoveries and some science fun. All visitors are welcome to wear costumes to the Museum (see details on what is and is not allowed in the Event Guidelines section below).
Air & Scare will feature:
- Trick or treat stations with free candy and snacks.
- Creepy crafts, spooky experiments, and other Halloween-themed activities for family members of all ages.
- Special story times and puppet shows for the youngest Halloween revelers.
- Photo opportunities with your favorite Star Wars characters.
Air & Scare is estimated to be a 90-minute experience including inside and outside activities.
- Costumes: All visitors are welcome to wear costumes to the Museum. Halloween/costume masks are not permitted inside the Museum and are prohibited both inside and outside for individuals over 16 years of age. Children up to the age of 15 may wear Halloween masks. Real and costume weapons are not permitted in the Museum or anywhere on museum property, including the outdoor part of this event.
- Personal Belongings: We encourage you to limit the number of personal belongings and bags you bring into our facility, as they will be subject to a thorough search.
- Weather Policy: Event planned to take place rain or shine. Some outdoor activities may be canceled, but some will proceed in the rain. Bring rain gear for outdoor activities.
- Transportation: Parking in the on-site lot is $15 per car. We anticipate high visitation for Air & Scare and as a result, there could be delays entering or exiting the parking lot. To avoid traffic, consider taking public transportation (Fairfax Connector 983).
- Planning your Visit: Your timed entry ticket is required for access to the outdoor Air & Scare activities. You may access the outdoor ticket line up to 15 minutes before your timed ticket, and within the hour of your timed ticket. Please note: You may experience periodic lines, for Museum parking, Museum entry, and the queue line to get the the outdoor activities. Please plan accordingly to be sure you are on time for your timed entry.
- Face Coverings: Face coverings are not required, but may be worn.
Two student educators demonstrate the principles of flight at the 2021 Air & Scare Outside event.
Two pumpkins decorated for Air & Scare at Home.
Visitors enjoy our annual Air & Scare event.
Two Museum staff members dressed in space-themed costumes at the Museum's annual Halloween event.