Cierva C.8W Cockpit

Zoom in on the image Zoom    Download this file Download

In 1928, Harold Pitcairn imported Juan de la Cierva's latest Autogiro, the C.8W (also known as the C.8 Mk.IV) to the United States as an experimental testbed for his own line of rotary-wing aircraft. This aircraft, as the first of its type in the United States, generated considerable interest in commercial and governmental circles. Highlighted in this image is the cockpit of the Cierva C.8W.

Created:

12/08/2016 11:10

Photographer:

Eric Long

ID #:

A19320006000-NASM2016-04981

Source:

Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum

Copyright/Owner:

Smithsonian Institution

Rights Usage:

Public Domain

Rights Status:

Not researched

Terms of Use:

Smithsonian Terms of Use
For print or commercial use please see permissions information.