Col. Harold R. Harris Receives Switlik Trophy

Zoom in on the image Zoom    Download this file Download

At a 1943 dinner at the Wings Club, Colonel Harold R. Harris, commanding officer of the Air Transport Command (center), is presented the Switlik Trophy commemorating the first jump from an aircraft via parachute by Stanley Switlik (right) donor of the plaque and leading proponent of safety parachutes.  Capt. Harold L. Foster (left) President of the Caterpillar Club looks on.  

ID #:

NASM-00143229

Source:

National Air and Space Museum Archives, Smithsonian Institution

Copyright/Owner:

Smithsonian Institution

Rights Usage:

Contact Smithsonian Institution

Terms of Use:

Smithsonian Terms of Use
For print or commercial use please see permissions information.