Are you planning on visiting the Museum on Inauguration Day? If so, here are a few tips for your visit on Friday, January 20.
- We will be open at our normal hours from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- Admission is free, as is WiFi.
- Visitors may enter through our entrance at 6th and Independence Avenue, SW. The National Mall (Jefferson Drive) entrance will be closed all day.
- As always, walking may be the best way to get around. The Smithsonian metro station will be closed, and there will be significant road closures and disruptions. Visit inauguration.dc.gov for details.
- Normal security screenings will take place and there may be lines. Find out what to expect, along with a list of prohibited items, to expedite entry.
- All visitors’ services, including our restaurant, shops, and theaters will remain open.
- However, regularly scheduled tours and public programs will be cancelled due to the crowded conditions in the Museum.
- Plan ahead, and don’t be afraid to ask us questions. We’re here to help. You can email our visitor services team at NASM-VisitorServices@si.edu or reach us on Twitter using #airspace.
- Share your visit with us @airandspace.