We offer guided tours and educational programs free of charge at both of our locations. Learn more about reserving guided tours and/or educational programs for your group. If you would like information about theater tickets and/or meal vouchers, please visit the Smithsonian Group Sales website or call 866-868-7774.
Tips from the Tours Office
- School Year Schedule: Our school year student schedule is released annually on August 1 and includes programs from October through early June.
- Summer Schedule: Our summer student program schedule is released annually on April 1 and includes programs from mid-June through September.
- Availability: If you don't see the program you're interested in on certain dates, it may no longer be available. Please check other dates or call the Tours and Reservations Office for more information.
Phone: 202-633-2563 | Email: NasmTours@si.edu
Guidelines For Requests
- General Tour Groups: 20 person minimum & 3 weeks advance notice. These tours are designed for adult groups. Student and Youth Groups must request Student or Youth Tours (see below).
- Student and Youth Groups: 10 student minimum & 3 weeks advance notice.
- Chaperone Policy: Grades PreK-3: one adult per five students; Grades 4-6: one adult per 10 students; Grades 7-10: one adult per 15 students. An adult with a baby or small child is not a suitable chaperone.
- Cancellation Policy: All reserved Museum tours and programs are free and supported by staff and volunteers. We ask that groups who need to cancel a reservation, or expect to arrive later than planned, call our Welcome Desk (DC: 202-633-2211 or VA: 703-572-4118). If reserved groups do not alert Museum staff to a cancellation at least 24 hours in advance, your group may not be eligible to reserve future programs.
Create a Reservation
We offer programming at both Museum locations: the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC, and the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA. Create your reservation request by first selecting the Museum you would like to visit below.