How to Apply
The TII application will remain open until 11:59pm EST on February 15, 2022. Applications will be reviewed and all candidates will be notified by April 15, 2022.
The application form will ask for basic contact and school information, as well as several documents. You cannot save your information and come back to it later, so please be prepared to submit a completed application.
Please submit the following via the application form:
- Administrator sign-off on participation in the Institute. You may use the following form or have your admin write a letter of support: TII Administrator Sign Off
- Two recommendation letters. Letters should address your role as an innovator in your teaching practice and other qualities that make you stand out.
- Letter of recommendation from a peer.
- Letter of recommendation from a member of your community. This can be a student, parent, community member or leader in your district.
- Professional Goals Statement
- While TII events typically take place over the course of two summers, our objective is to develop lasting outcomes for our participants, the students they serve, and the communities they call home. No two educators are alike, and no two learning environments are the same, so it only makes sense to ask our TII applicants: How do YOU want to make an impact as an Innovator?
- If selected for TII, you will create your personal professional development plan based on your goals as a STEAM educator. We want you to consider your current goals and share why you wish to pursue them in the years ahead. Please use the provided template. During your first summer, you will refine your goals and add action items for the upcoming school year.
- A link to a short (< 3 minute) video introducing yourself and your community. The video should showcase you and your work with students and your community. How is your identity shaped by who and where you teach? How do you hope to make an impact there? You may use YouTube (listed or unlisted), Dropbox, or Google Drive. YouTube is strongly preferred.
If you have any questions about the program or your eligibility, contact us.
Questions about how the information you submit will be used? Contact us.